Our client is a global company in the fintech sector that has just been formed as a JV between two world leaders – one, a global giant in the derivatives space and second, a world leader in financial research and analytics.
The new company is being formed by merging two entities, both of which are highly profitable companies with a combined track record of 80 years. Our client will be creating products that focus on the entire post-trade spectrum of activities in the global financial market. Their existing products will be re-positioned with the latest technologies.
This company will work in the area of derivatives and OTC products, which are the most complex parts of the financial market. The company is laying the foundations of a great culture and the space to build a great organization. Their current objective is to identify individuals who have high expertise, to join their existing team of experts who are spread across the world.
The team is looking for self-driven individuals with strong MIS skills and advanced excel and database management to join our growing analytics team within the Operations group.
· The duties and responsibilities of the MIS analyst include collecting, maintaining and analyzing data and making this data accessible to those who need the information to streamline business processes.
· Collaborating with the Global Ops senior management team to produce and streamline monthly MI to provide transparency around Client Service and Onboarding activity
· Preparing reports and presenting these to management. Seeking feedback to improve and optimize
· Using data mining to extract information from data sets and identify correlations and patterns.
· Organizing and transforming information into comprehensible structures. Using tools and techniques to visualize data in easy-to-understand formats, such as diagrams and graphs
· Monitoring data quality and removing corrupt data
· Identifying and recommending new ways to streamline metrics and controls.
· Engagement with the broader Operations team to understand the business foundations/rationale of the key risk indicators
· Leveraging experience with data analysis and business automation tools to improve/extend the suite of performance and business metrics available to the management team
Knowledge of OTC derivative products, Trade confirmations, and financial markets is an advantage but not a requirement