Our client is a leading global information services leader. They partner with the world’s leading organizations in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights, perspectives and intelligence lead to well-informed, confident decisions. The company serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
We are seeking to identify a Development Lead with 10+ years of experience for our client which is a leading global information services leader
As a lead position, this role requires an individual who is capable of taking overall ownership for the development process, working with stakeholders to ensure releases are delivered on time and develop the system according to design/processes and managing risks where appropriate.
In addition to team management this position will involve hands-on development build as well. It is a highly technical position and will require strong knowledge of JAVA, Dev Ops, Databases and other cloud related technologies.
What You'll Do
• Managing a team of Dev Engineers, assigning tasks and tracking progress to completion
• Responsible for planning all development activities and managing development environments to ensure timely and compliant releases.
• Identify and implement improvements in the development process, including automation.
• The candidate will be expected to take ownership of development tasks and will produce high quality software to deliver on these tasks.
• The candidate is expected to be well versed in principles and best practices in software development and should be able to apply them within the boundaries and constraints of the project they work in.
• With a strong focus on software quality, productivity and delivery, the candidate will seek value in and exercise all aspects of DevOps.
• The candidate should be able to design or assist in designing components and subsystems based on the requirements and specifications provided by the Business Analysts.
• They should be able to decompose their development tasks based on their designs and provide development estimates.
Duties & accountabilities
• Strong knowledge and practical hands on experience of Java 8
• Strong experience with BDD and cucumber
• Experience with CI/CD and pipeline integration
• Solid software design skills, understanding of micro-services
• Understanding of multi-threading
• Understand and write performant, testable and maintainable code
• Knowledge of relational databases particularly Postgres
• Skill Set should includes Spring, Git, Microservices, Camel, JMS(Active MQ), Docker, Kubernetes, RESTful Webservices.