Nokia Networks is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With a track record of innovation and success, they continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect. In a major new move, the company is now creating an entire business that brings technology to life for daily applications in every corner of the world.
To actualize this vision, they are setting up a top-technology team that will create and operationalize cutting-edge tools and applications in the above areas and implement them across the world. We are seeking to identify top-notch technical talent to be a part of this team, based across India, at Noida, Bengaluru and Chennai.
We are presently seeking to hire Senior Solution Architect - Telecom cloud for their Analytics and Applications unit based in Noida/Chennai.
Main Responsibility Area
- Managing large telco cloud practice involving products, applications and solutions
- Providing leadership and strategy to cloud team for building solutions and products
- Develops customer network cloud infrastructure architecture based primarily on cloud platform.
- Develops high level solution design (decompose the requirements into the functional blocks, defines solution components, external and internal interfaces, responsibilities of the components, network protocols) as input for overall technical solution
- Creates solution architectures (defines solution components, external and internal interfaces, responsibilities of the components,
network protocols to be used, component flow charts, hardware and physical views)
- Keeps in permanent contact with Customer’s stakeholders by means of regular meetings and workshops
- Acts as key bridge between sales and delivery phase to identify and manage risks and assures customer satisfaction
- Performs technical risk evaluation and plans to mitigate risks of proposed design/solution.
- Evaluates new technologies and sets a direction for future technical capability demands
- A deep understanding of how networking, storage, compute, and services work across different Cloud providers
- Working knowledge of white box COTS & vendor HW products on server(HP, Dell) storage(EMC, NetApp) & DC network (HP, Juniper)
- Architectural know how on special HW/SW based tech such as SR IOV,PCI pass-through ,DPDK and accelerators
- End to end architectural know how on following Openstack components
o RHEL host OS & Linux components (ovs)
FCOE and FC
o Neutron(network) & SDN
VLAN and overlay (VXLAN,MPLSGRE etc)
DC network virtualization based on SDN controllers and virtual switches
Opendaylight SDN controllers and vendor specific controllers from Brocade,Juniper etc
Host based acceleration techniques such as 6Wind
o Cloud Management Platform ( RedHat CloudForms, VIM controller)
- End to end architectural know how on following VMWare components
o Cloud management (vCloud and vRealise) & VIM (vCenter,vSphere)
- Internetworking between Openstack and VMWare via GW and routers
- Internetworking between virtualized infrastructure and bare metal via VXLAN GW
- Tenant virtual network implementation stretching across multiple NFVI Data centres
- Security and auxiliary services (VPN,FW,DHCP,DNS etc) in Openstack and VMWare clouds