We are seeking to identify a Senior Legal Counsel for a respected technology world leader, to be based at Mumbai.
This role offers an opportunity for you to manage the critical legal function with a focus on some of their largest global contracts that offer both complexity and scale.
The position will be based in Mumbai and will report to the Head of Legal and Compliance for Region India.
Key Focus Areas include :
- Strong contracting, legal and regulatory support to the business/procurement teams on all business operations and activities of the Company.
- Effective legal support to the business and procurement teams in contract structuring, preparation and negotiation.
- Managing and resolving complex contracts and RFP/Tender issues with the customers/vendors.
- Provide general legal advice and support to other functions e.g. human resources, finance, IT, admin, corporate services, real estate management etc.
- Assist in evaluations and conducting thorough due diligence for all deals and transactions and effectively develop and implement appropriate risk-mitigation strategies in relation to Organization's business operations.
- In coordination with Organization's policies and compliance, provide appropriate advice and training to the business/procurement/relevant teams on related contracting matters.
- Manage customer contracts and provide support to effectively monitor and enforce the contracts from a legal perspective.
Your Profile :
- A senior legal professional with a qualification from a premier institution and an excellent academic record.
- You must have a minimum of 12-15 years of experience with excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to draft and close commercial agreements independently and efficiently;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work effectively with the business team and with senior management team;
- Proactive, with excellent research, analytical skills
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on legal issues effectively;
Present in over 100 countries worldwide, the company is considered a career organisation with an innovative spirit and a dynamic culture that emphasises teamwork. Careers with them evolve and grow across locations and functions, adding capabilities each day.