Company: Our client is a leading global provider of optical fibre being the only company in the world with unified silicon to software offerings. It is India’s only integrated Optical Fibre producer and one of the largest suppliers of Optical Fibres to overseas markets in China, Europe and South East Asia. Their optical communication products have scaled significantly within a short span of time, having 216 patents to their credit.
The company is on an historic path of building the nation’s super highways where its business of manufacturing, deploying and managing end to end of data networks aligns directly to the Govt’s goal of expanding Digital India, Broadband for all, make in India, BharatNet, Smart Cities, etc.
We are currently identifying smart, experienced and mature policy or Govt business professionals who have a strong sense of purpose to shape policy towards national and industry synergies and position the company’s views with different govt. departments in the Centre and State. We’re looking for smart proactive folks who love solving interesting problems, collaborating with industry to come to a position and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally. Success depends on the ability to engage and drive in a matrix environment (internally and externally) towards shared goals.
This position reports to Chief of Corporate Affairs
The position is based at Gurgaon.
1. Policy advocacy and navigating cross ministerial engagements, Ministry Commerce, Finance, DIPP, NitiAayog, MEITY, etc.
2. Identify and shape synergistic policies related to Electronics manufacturing, Digital India, defence, infrastructure, Exim etc.
3. Ensuring no policy surprises adversely impact the company
4. Supporting business representations with Policy makers through stronger engagement & relationships. Creating competitive edge.
5. Positioning the company in various Ministry and Industry committees
You should have 12-15 years of experience with a minimum of 4 years in policy - experience in telecom, technology or infrastructure preferred. Business Development professionals with Govt experience are welcome.
· Strategic Thinking & Planning / Achievement Orientation & Results Focus.
· Comfort with operating from structure, frameworks, systemic thinking
· Ability to navigate through multiple ambiguous environments.
· Deep understanding of Center and State government structures with experience in Ministry of electronics and IT, DIPP, Niti Aayog, Urban Development, Finance, Commerce etc.
· Highest degree of integrity, honesty and conviction.
· Articulate, communicative, open-minded and Bias for action - proactive.
· Strong verbal and non-verbal communications skills and presentation skills
Strengths should also include building trust, excellence in teaming, comfort in a dynamic matrix environment