Our client, a global Telecom Leader in the networks space is seeking to identify a Data Network Engineer – CS Core at their global delivery centre in Chennai.
Profile: Engineering Graduates with 6+ years of experience in Operations and preferably Managed Services.
The Data Network Senior Engineer is responsible for fault management, trouble shooting and technical support for the Vodafone and Hutchison Data Networks.
Fault and problem management including end to end troubleshooting, root cause analysis, outage handling and correction development.
§ Fault resolution of network and customer faults in a timely and efficient manner
§ Manage Critical Faults and Outages in the network
§ Develop other team members to enhance their technical expertise
§ Assess and mitigate risk of any network changes
§ Identification of any issues affecting performance or KPI’s
§ Create and update support documentation
§ Monitoring of Projects and Change Requests with respect to network integrity
§ Impact assessment of network configuration changes
§ Verification of implementation of network configuration changes in
accordance with detailed designs
§ Develop and support of various O&M and Routine procedures and any tools to assist and improve in maintaining the network.
§ Ensure any new network elements that are to be commissioned into the network are operationally accepted to avoid performance issues.
§ Provide technical support to Operations in performance, capacity and configuration to maintain and optimize Network performance
§ Direct Field and Exchange staff when required
§ Perform configuration changes, system installations and execute relevant test cases
§ Perform and manage network investigation and manage to resolution
§ Participate in a on call roster and maintain flexible hours when required
§ Provide vendor escalation
§ Assist the team in process improvement
§ Provide emergency support
§ Other activities as directed by management
Technical Skills Required:
· Excellent understanding Data Networks and telecommunications networks
· In-depth knowledge and understanding data network elements
· High level of knowledge of Juniper JUNOS, Cisco IOS, Cisco Wireless, Cisco ACE & F5 Load Balancers, Proxy Servers, Netscreen and Checkpoint firewalls
· High level of knowledge on routing, switching and telecommunicaitons protocols such as MPLS, BGP, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, TCP/IP, Static routing, STP, GTP, RANAPP
· High to Medium level of knowledge on Internet related systems and protocols (IMAP/POP/SMTP/HTTP/LDAP/XML)
· High to Medium level of knowledge on the following tools – such Ethereal, Wireshark, MRTG, Cacti, eHealth, Ciscoworks, TACACS+, Junos Space, Netcool, HPOV NNM, Agilent
· Medium level of knowledge on VoIP technology such as H323
· Medium level of knowledge on Transmission such as ATM, Frame Relay, Ethernet, Sonet/SDH, WiFi
· Medium level of knowledge on the following Operation Systems, HP Open VMS, Sun Solaris, Linux, Microsoft Windows NT and 2000 Server
· Medium level of knowledge on Shell Scripting on Unix based systems